Salvo Studios S402
The S402 is an evolution of the S401 design featuring support for even more hardware configurations. The highlights of the S402 design are:
- Three PCIe riser cable mounts. The S402 supports triple-slot GPUs and bifurcation support for two PCIe devices (2 x single-slot, or 1 single-slot and 1 double-slot).
- 60mm and 70mm chassis fan support.
- Offers 120mm fan mounts on the vented panel or the new rear vented panel for even better air evacuation from the chassis.
- The same 120mm fan support now offers the ability to modify the S402 to support 120mm AIO cooling solutions. Note: GPU length will be limited to 210mm when using most 120mm AIO coolers.
- Supports CPU heatsink/fan units up to 59mm tall.
- Includes removable handle.
Update: Release date is expected to be May 2020. Shipping to continental US is free.
Note: Photos show last prototype before manufacturing. Final version will be painted black.
Mainboard: mITX-compatible (6.7" x 6.7")
Power Supply: SFX, SFX-L (SFX-L support requires the purchase of an additional front panel button upgrade kit here)
PCIe devices: 1x3-slot, 1x2-slot, 1x1-slot, or 1x1-slot + 1x2-slot*
Storage: 5x2.5", 2x3.5", or 1x3.5" + 4x2.5"**
CPU Cooling: Cooler height supported up to 58mm, 120mm AIO***
Chassis Cooling: 3x60mm or 3x70mm up to 25mm in depth****
* The use of two PCIe devices requires customer to find and install PCIe bifurcation adapter as well as an additional PCIe riser cable
** Two 2.5" drive mounts underneath the PSU have a height restriction of 8mm, Only the two 2.5" mounts underneath the PSU can be used when all 3 PCIe slots are in use
*** One 3.5" drive and one 2.5" drive mount share the space with the 120mm AIO mount, When using the 120mm AIO mount GPU length is limited to 210mm
**** When using 25mm deep fans the internal power extension could provide interference, When using 25mm deep fans 2x2.5" drive mounts and 1x3.5" drive mount will be unusable
- Main chassis with all mounts
- PSU mounting bracket
- PCIe mounting bracket
- Vented intake panel (16 gauge galvanized steel)
- Solid rear cover panel
- Drive mount panel
- PCIe riser cable (27cm)
- Vertical Stands (x2)
- Removable Handle
- Front power button w/ LED white ring
- Rear reset button
- Internal power extension
- USB 3.0 front panel interface (x2)
- 70x15mm PWM fans (x3)*
- Accessory mounting fasteners**
**Fastener hardware will be provided for:
- 2x2.5" and 1x3.5" drives - for additional fasteners please see the product page
- Three fans
- One Mainboard
- One 3-slot PCIe device
- One PCIe riser cable
- One PSU mount
- One pair USB front panel device
- One vented and one solid side panel
- Two stands (thumbscrews)
- One handle (thumbscrews)
- One disk mount tray
S402 Custom Demciflex Filter
This custom Demciflex filter is designed as one piece to fit over the full-vented panel of the S402. This filter is magnetic and will provide for easy external access for cleaning. Demciflex is a trusted name in computer filtering and is well-renowned for the quality of their products. This filter is flexible and can ship easily with or separate from your S402 order.
Outer dimensions: 355mm x 305mm
Filter dimensions: 325mm x 275mm
S402 SFX-L Front Panel Button Upgrade
The S402 stock front panel button may cause some interference with SFX-L power supplies. This kit supplies a shallow front panel button and a laser-cut collar to help clear any interference that may occur between the stock front panel button and SFX-L power supplies.
S401 3.5" Disk Stacker (1 set)
These 3.5" disk stackers will allow S401 owners to add 3.5" drives vertically to their existing S401 configuration. These 3.5" stackers will allow for a 2 x 3.5" drive configuration per stack. Made from 0.04" stainless steel, these brackets wilI resist warping/bending and never rust.
If a PCIe device is installed inside your S401, please take note of clearances mentioned below as interference may prevent these from being used if the PCIe device is too long. Two 3.5" stackers cannot be used with any PCIe device due to interference. A single, short PCIe device may be used with one 3.5" stacker. The maximum length of a PCIe device when used with the 3.5" stacker is 200mm.
S401 2.5" Disk Stacker (1 set)
These 2.5" disk stackers will allow S401 owners to add 2.5" drives vertically to their existing S401 configuration. These 2.5" stackers will allow for a 6 x 9.5mm, 5 x 12mm, or 4 x 15mm drive configuration in per stack. Made from 0.04" stainless steel, these brackets wilI resist warping/bending and never rust.
If a PCIe device is installed inside your S401, please take note of clearances mentioned below as interference may prevent these from being used if the PCIe device is too long.
Maximum PCIe Length with 2.5" stackers installed:
1 x 2.5" stacker: 240mm
2 x 2.5" stacker: 115mm
3 x 2.5" stacker: 44mm