Salvo Studios S700
Please ensure to read the special notes below to properly plan your build.
Due to the customizable aspect of this chassis, I will attempt to ship orders within 7 business days but delays might be longer. If I expect orders to take longer, I will contact customers to allow them to cancel their order for a full refund or wait for me to ship.
This chassis has been an evolution for several years with this variant offering decidedly more cooling capability in a total volume of around 24L.
- Overall Dimensions: 15.5" x 15.375" x 6.625" (393.7mm x 390.5mm x 168.275mm), 25.8L
- Four PCIe riser cable mounts. The S700 has mounting locations for up to 4 single-slot PCIe devices. Largest PCIe device supported is 2.5-slot height.
- Top radiator + fan clearance (depth): 70mm.
- Front radiator + fan clearance (depth): up to 80mm.*
- Full-size ATX, mATX, ITX, and even SSI-EEB motherboards are supported.**
- Clearance for CPU waterblock/fittings is 63mm.***
- Built-in mounts for 1 x 3.5" drive or 4 x 2.5" drives. Can be expanded up-to 2 x 3.5" drives or 18 x 2.5" drives using my disk stackers.
- Single 120mm fan mounting pattern adjacent to PSU.
** I cannot test all boards but I intend to include a diagram of the hole pattern I used for motherboard mounts
*** When considering waterblock height clearance, be sure to account for G1/4 fittings and their additional height they will add. Especially with regards to tube diameters and fittings.
- S700 Chassis
- Two clear acrylic side panels (solid or vented - custom etching/cutting available)
- Front panel 2xUSB/Audio/Mic interfaces to include 1 x USB Type-C
- Slim USB "down" adapter to make clearance for top-mounted radiators
- One PCIe 3.0 riser cable (PCIe 4.0 upgrade possible in the future)
- Front button
Note: Custom cables will likely be required for the S700 as the power cables for most mainboards is located to the top-right of the mainboard which means that the PSU cables will likely need to be 12" long or longer depending on the form factor of the mainboard.
- The primary restrictions for watercooling parts is the total (fan + reservoir) depth to consider for your heat exchanger. Please read the specifications above for the maximum depth of these components before you buy.
- The S700 was designed to use ONLY 280mm radiators. Should other sizes fit, it is purely coincidence of the vent/mounting pattern.
- Other considerations will be the fittings themselves as waterblocks do vary in height and thus the S700 clearance of 63mm might prove to be too tight if you are using larger tube diameters for your loop.
Note: Due to the shallow depth of the mainboard standoffs, rear-mainboard mounted m.2 drives will not be able to have a heatsink installed. The best option to cool a rear-mounted m.2 would be to purchase thick thermal pads and fill the gap between the m.2 drive and the chassis. This will help disperse the heat.
Note: When using the PSU-side PCIe mount(s), you must purchase a 500mm PCIe riser cable. This cable will be fed through the mainboard cutout and underneath the PSU and PCIe mounting plate. Installing more than two PCIe riser cables in the system could create interference with the mainboard PCIe devices.
500mm PCIe 3.0 Riser Cable for S700
500mm PCIe 3.0 Riser Cable for S700 PSU-Side. This cable will be routed behind the mainboard and through to the PSU chamber on the S700.
NOTE: This cable will not be long enough to connect a PCIe device on the PSU side of the S700 to the first PCIe slot on an ATX motherboard. For most ATX boards, this cable will be long enough to connect to slot 3. If you have questions, please contact me.